Stomach ulcers are more common in horses than once believed. Studies have demonstrated stomach ulcers in approximately 60% of performance horses, with up to 96% of horses in some disciplines during peak competition season.
ULCERGARD (omeprazole) Oral Paste works to prevent stomach ulcers in horses. The active ingredient in ULCERGARD, omeprazole has been extensively tested for safety and effectiveness. It works by reducing the production of acid in the horse's stomach. To help horses maintain optimal gastric health, it is recommended that ULCERGARD be administered during stressful events or activities that may induce stomach ulcers. Such conditions may include but are not limited to: training, racing, showing, traveling, stall confinement, limited turnout or access to forage, and competition.IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATIONULCERGARD (omeprazole) Oral Paste can be used in horses that weigh at least 600 lb. Safety in pregnant mares has not been determined. Not for use in humans. Keep this and all medications out of the reach of children. In case of ingestion, contact a physician. for additional information, please refer to the full prescribing information.
1. Mitchell RD, Prevalence of gastric ulcers in hunter/jumper and dressage horses evaluated for poor performance, Association for Equine Sports Medicine, September 2001 2. Tamzali Y, Marguet C, Priymenko N, Lyrahzi F. Prevalence of gastric ulcer syndrome in high level endurance horses, EVJ, 2011, 43(2), 141-144
- Unique paste formulation to protect omeprazole for adequate absorption
- Reduces acid at the source
- Proven ability to prevent gastric ulcers
- Cost effective because its been proven to work
Omeprazole 2.28 g.
|Weight Of Horse||Doses Per Day|
|Less than 600 lb.||Please consult a veterinarian|
|600 - 1,200 lb.||1|
|Over 1,200 lb.||2|
|Product Weight||1.4 oz. with package|
|Product Length||9 10/16 in.|
|Age/Weight Restrictions||For use in horses that weigh at least 600 lb.|
|Country of Origin||Imported|
|Dosage Limit||The minimum recommended dosage is 1 mg/kg per day (0.45 mg/lb.). Each syringe contains 4 in.dividual daily doses for horses weighing 600-1,200 lb. Please refer to the full prescribing information for correct dosage.|
|Dose Size||The minimum recommended dosage is 1 mg/kg per day 0.45 mg/lb.|
|Life Stage||All ages|
|Number of Doses||4 Daily Doses Per Syringe|
|Product Height||2 in.|
|Product Width||1 in.|
|Manufacturer Part Number||116741|